Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chronic Pain is a Chronic Pain

Good luck trying to talk to me today. It will be like talking to someone waking from a deep sleep wherein the dream was a bad one, as described in the following quote:

The pain was always there, pulling me inside of myself, demanding to be felt. It always felt like I was waking up from the pain when something in the world outside of me suddenly required my comment or attention.
from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

It is hard to say what is worse about chronic pain, the chronic part or the pain part.

P.S. Sorry for the long absence. Times have been busy (mostly in good, fun ways) and thus I am now completely and totally exhausted because I borrowed heavily on future spoons. Hopefully, I'll post a bit more regularly again soon

No comments: