Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Obligatory Year-in-Review Post: 2011

I am rather fond of this type of post, though there can be something overwhelming about their abundance at this time of year. I also like reading various lists of resolutions, a subject particularly interesting to me this year as I work on developing my 30x30 list.

Like all years I suppose, this one had a mix of good and bad. My health was overall very stable, though I continued the daily battle with my particular challenges. I secured and happily worked the first year of what is essentially my dream job, though that too is not without its challenges. I had lots of good times with family and friends, though also often felt somewhat lonely and isolated. I experienced great joys and great sorrows. Overall 2011 was a decent year, but I am very much looking forward to 2012!

Looking back at my 2011 Resolutions, I did an okay job. I think that overall I have become much better at ignoring my quest for perfection and just doing things the best I can rather than not even attempting due to fearing my inability to achieve perfection. There are areas where this still plagues me, to be sure, but I know that I have made progress. As for the health goals, I guess I've made some progress there as well. In particular, I have become more involved in the MS community with 59 blog posts this year, participating in the HAWMC, and commenting on many more MS blogs. Thanks for having me in this vibrant virtual club, all!

I'm not going to list any particular resolutions for the year here, as my primary focus is on finishing writing and then carrying out my 30x30 list. This project makes me feel energized and excited, but I know that my more ambitious items might feel overwhelming at times. A primary reason for this list is the idea of developing my follow-through skills, a topic I know I will write about in much more detail in the future.


a Glorious Sunset on Christmas Day, 2011
 Best wishes to all for the healthiest, happiest possible you in 2012!

2 comments:

Judy said...

May the new year treat you kindly and with dignity. May good Health return.
Judy

Traci said...

Is the 30x30 list going to appear on here soon? I hope so!