Friday, October 19, 2012

5 Things Friday: 5 Reasons I Haven't Been Posting Much


It's been awhile once again. Life has been busy, probably busier than it should be. Here are some of the things that have been keeping me busy:

1. My mother, sister, and I launched a new fun project and business venture, The Daily Quipple. Each day features a cartoon (a quipple!) drawn by my fabulously talented sister, Traci. Our mission is to share a daily jolt of fun and/or inspiration with the world, so please check it out for some fun and inspiration! We also sell merchandise featuring the quipples. This project is fun and rewarding, but has added plenty of work to my workload. I do all the web stuff. Here are some of my favorite quipples so far:

I love this day!  Be grateful.I love Fall. The turtle says, "I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health."  "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it." -Jonathan WintersReclaiming the belly laugh can cure a world of woes.

2. The dreaded day of disclosure is done. I've been working up to for a while the idea of disclosing my MS to the two colleagues I work most closely with. It is at the point that they probably should know, and while I knew they would be great about it, I put off the telling for a long time. I put it off mostly because working at this job was like a beautiful haven where MS wasn't a part of the picture. Of course, I knew about it, and was still very much aware of its effect on me and my work, but the fact that no one else knew made me feel like the healthy, young, energetic professional they all saw me as. This was a really wonderful feeling, as the disease occupies far too much space in the majority of areas of my life. Anyway, I told them and they reacted just as I knew they would. I'm glad I told them, even though I cried during the telling. (For those who don't know me personally, this is a HUGE deal. I've gone 6-7 years without crying at all in the recent past, and I haven't cried in front of another person for much longer, and in front of a person outside my very small circle pretty much ever.)


3. Fall is my favorite season (except for its ridiculously short duration, at least here in the tundra) and luckily I have been able to spend some time enjoying the colors and temps.

                            

and luckily my favorite adventure buddy was with me!
4. Remember my 30x30 list? I'm feeling pretty bummed out that it is looking like a truly impossible feat to complete my ridiculously ambitious list by the time of my 30th birthday in around 4 months. I haven't even posted the list here or anywhere else yet, but trust me, it is an ambitious list for anybody to tackle in one year, much less a person with 3+ jobs and MS and other assorted health challenges. But who knows? Maybe I'll rally and fight like crazy to defy MS and life in general and finish the thing. My always wise mother suggests that I just extend the deadline until the end of my 30th year. That feels a little bit like cheating, though, and upsets my perfectionist and overachiever qualities. However, it looks like that might have to be the answer.

5. In addition to neglecting this blog, I'm also woefully behind on chats with friends (Heather and Gwen, I'm talking about you and hopefully will soon talk to you!) and behind on reading the several MS blogs I follow, so that's where I'm headed now!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
           Happy Happy Weekend!                 

1 comment:

Traci said...

I think you should extend the 30 X 30 list deadline to the end of your 30th year. It would still be 30 by 30, in my opinion! Also, post the list already!!

Very, very proud of you and all that you do!

Also, those photos are amazing! My drive to Ytown yesterday looked a lot like that. Some of the prettiest tree-lined highway driving I have seen! Anyway, post or send more photos from that day, please!