Friday, January 15, 2016

This Week in My Life: Week 2 of 2016


The view from here:

evidence of frigidly cold temps, trying to appreciate the beauty anyway



shoveling at 5 degrees (feels like -13 degrees)
getting it done before the weekend's -10 to -25 forecast!

Out and about this week:

I had two leave-the-house social encounters in one week, almost a record for me!

played horn duets with a friend

Things I made this week:

a bad picture of homemade veggie pizza 
spinach artichoke frittata!
colored this card (a gift from my friend Gwen) and got it ready to send to my niece
What I read this week:

Finished Sweetwater Silver. I had a few issues with the writing, but overall I enjoyed this. A bit of a tearjerker, which I like. I could very much see this as a movie. Or even better, I would love to see a period piece PBS/BBC type dramatic series covering the whole WASP thing.

Started one of the only books by Oliver Sacks I haven't read, one of his first books, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat.


How I've been feeling this week:

Super, super tingly. Pins and needles, burning, somewhat numb. Both legs pretty much all the time but really bad at night, right hand and arm often enough, and occasionally my face. Sad emoji.

TBT/FBF:

a walk with my niece in 2007

with my sistar, on our way to my favorite place in the world, Garden of the Gods in 2010

Thanks for stopping by! See you next week, if not before.

No comments: