Friday, January 22, 2016

This Week in My Life: Week 3 of 2016

The view from here:


reading in front of the (electric) fireplace


my horn corner
awesome horn art by my sistar
and a closeup of my music shelf along with my literature/poetry/etc. shelf

there is a long window seat and large window in between these two

built-in bookshelves and a window seat are pretty much the best things ever in my opinion,
as my Dream Home Pinterest board clearly shows

Things I made this week:


a whole lot of origami
400+ small elephants & tiny elephants & sloths & modular origami & other things

What I read this week:

I finished The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, a good book by one of my favorite authors, though I feel like his later books are quite a bit better.

I started the third in the Freakanomics trilogy, Think Like a Freak. So far not as good as the other two - it's less focused on the fascinating stories - but rather is a kind of instructional manual for how to retrain your brain to think like they do with little stories peppered throughout.

How I've been feeling this week:

Still tingly. Super annoyed and frustrated. Forced to change insurance plans as of Jan 1st and now dealing with endless crap. Meds I've been on for 7+ years and meds I've only been on for months all have to go through the prior authorization process and/or are flat out not covered.  It's very much stressing me out, as the meds I cannot go even a day without are crazy expensive and the prior auth process often takes toooo long, based on past experience with other equally evil insurance companies.

And the letters they send about how they aren't going to cover things (at least not without a major fight), ends with "We know your medicine is important to you." Yes, clearly! Bite me.

TBT/FBF:

major sundog (meaning it was brrrrrr) 2 years ago today

awesome sunset 1 year ago

So far no cool outside pics today to continue the trend of cool January 22nd photos. We've got several hours left in the day, though, so it could happen.

No comments: