Saturday, August 20, 2016

This Week in My Life: Week 33 of 2016

The view from here:

an evening walk around the lake with a lovely moon reflection on the water

this would be prettier if the water weren't so scummy


tasty pizza with my friend Gwen!

followed by ice cream, documented with my obviously brilliant and professional selfie skills

a dramatic sky behind a cool, historic building

I love sweet corn season!

What I made this week:

quite a few origami elephants, to submit as part of a world record attempt
to bring awareness to the number of elephants killed each year for ivory


lemon garlic beans on the grill!
 
foil packets on the grill with all veggies 100% local and wonderful


What I read this week:

The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk - a very interesting book. Some sorta/kinda MS connections, in that there is a fair amount of discussion of the science connecting various kinds of trauma to autoimmune disease (the very concept of which pisses me off, but in this case, the science was pretty compelling but also not quite strong enough to really mean anything concrete at this point).

This NMSS article on a study showing that a plant-based, low-fat, meat-free diet improves MS fatigue - so this means my fatigue would be even worse if I didn't already eat this way?!?! 

No comments: