Saturday, September 2, 2017

This Month: August 2017

Sigh. I neglected this blog all month long. I still have all kinds of plans for this space and I've begun slowly building a new home for this content, but the MS Muse keeps getting put on the back burner. I'll try to do better this month. I have four drafts of posts that are partially done, so I just need to commit to one and see it through!

This month:

  • I passed a kidney stone! It was one of the smaller ones, but on Day 59, at least one of these buggers got evicted. Doctor stuff continues in relation to this issue.

  • I went through YET ANOTHER unexpected insurance nightmare in relation to my Lyrica. It resulted in me actually sobbing in the bathroom at Walgreens, so that was special. Usually, when insurance won't cover the drug for whatever reason, I buy a few days worth out of pocket until the mess is sorted. I generally can't really afford it but I truly cannot make it without these drugs so I find a way to buy at least a few pills. (I probably could make it without the drugs, just in a lot of pain, but the WITHDRAWAL from this drug is the worst experience I've EVER encountered, and it's one I cannot do again. I would have to be hospitalized.) But this time, they refused to let me buy any out of pocket, period. The pharmacist explained why, something about it being a controlled substance and it would mean the insurance would never cover it after I'd bought some out of pocket or some such nonsense. I don't know if the rules have changed since last time or what. I had just barely started withdrawal but I have a guy on my MS team who fights hard on my behalf and he got it worked out just in the nick of time. So I'm back on it and the effects of the short-term withdrawal are behind me.

  • I played a symphony concert with a major fireworks mishap. There were some minor injuries in the violin section but it could have been a massive disaster. It was quite scary.


The view from here



rehearsing on a pontoon in the middle of a lake!




that's me floating! perfect day.

I'm very disturbed that there was a legitimate need to put this up in the exam room at my Neuro's office.

I find it hilarious that they put little star stickers on my bag o' Tysabri.
But I'll take a gold star whenever I can get it! 


I'm friends with some tree-huggers. ;-)



Here is my August One Second Every Day compilation, though I missed a few days:



A post shared by Kayla (@nelsonkl23) on

No comments: