Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday's TaDa!

I like the idea of having some regular "series" on the blog, like yesterday's Magazine Monday where I'll discuss an MS-related tidbit I've read in a magazine. I have ideas for all of the weekdays, and I'll try to "premiere" them all this week. Then you'll probably see them here and there, but not every day and sporadic, occasional regular non-series posts will resume.

So, for Tuesday's TaDa! I'm going to celebrate a personal accomplishment by sharing it with y'all. I tend to put down or brush off my successes and I know this isn't always healthy. I don't want to brag, of course, but I think taking a moment to be proud of something is a good thing.

Today, my mom and I took an 80 minute walk along a lovely trail that we recently discovered. We're both trying to exercise more and work on fitness and general health. I'm also trying to lose some weight. I've been counting calories pretty consistently as well as trying to fit in more exercise. Exercise can be tricky for me, because most forms of it increase my nerve pain in my feet and legs. My neuro wants me in the pool every day since that won't aggravate the pain, but I'm not really much of a swimmer and don't have easy access to a pool. I've found that taking some preemptive meds before something like this vigorous walk helps mitigate the damage. I also find being in nature to be a great distraction from the pain. Anyway, I've lost about 20 pounds and I actually weigh what it says on my driver's license, my first weight loss goal. I still have a ways to go, but today I'm going to be proud of this accomplishment.

I've reached a weight loss goal and I'm exercising somewhat regularly, like today's awesome walk! TaDa!!!!!!!!!!

my favorite spot on this awesome trail
Do you have a TaDa to share? I'd love to hear about it!!

No comments: